Monday, November 30, 2009

Taking it all off. GPS my intimates

There is a preface to my remarks for this post. It is likely that you and I do not know each other very well and I would prefer we were face-to-face for the following - so I first knew your social particulars (gender/height/hair colour/relationship status and so on), and second, so I could better gauge your reaction to the following...

Dear reader, my passion and first love (and what will be my ever-enduring love) is technology. I am happy to inhabit a wonderfully (by my own estimations and 'creation') socially mediated world. I hold firm that technology is a creative and good thing. In the right ways it can be life changing. But lets not get too technologically deterministic here. What makes technology special is the how, why and when we choose to use it.

Which is why I am a bit abashed when it comes to the penetration of technological artifice into the bedroom. Today marks MEGA Monday! the busiest internet shopping day of the year. (hello Amazon & John Lewis you have my order/s). BUT, pause before you point and click as I build up to the BIG reveal...The Brazilian designer lingerie company LindeLucy lets its wearers be GPS tracked. Perfect for that spontaneous roll in the hay? Handy when your other half is stuck in traffic and wants to locate you? A chastity belt for our times? Watch and decide for yourself.

I wonder what the forrah would be if via uplink these smalls rated your intimate abilities too?...
Pick it up, ladies. Pick it up. All right. Ladies! That’s it. Let’s go. Live updating of your sexual exploits.

No comments: